Thursday, January 14, 2016

2016 - The Year Of Opportunity

The year to build upon “Fearless”


The year to continue to follow my dreams and my passion.


And last but certainly not least, the year to help you follow yours!


Yes! I am super excited to let you guys know that I am taking the plunge into the full time triathlon coaching world.  I have mentored athletes for a few years now, coached a couple last year, and I had absolutely loved it. I didn’t want to take on more at the time because I needed to make sure I had enough time to dedicate to all my athletes while also continuing to reach my own athletic goals but  the time is now – 2016 “The Year of Opportunity”


I am still accepting athletes, so if you or someone you know is looking for a coach, let me know.

I am very excited to be part of the E3 Triathlon Solutions triathlon group, and can't wait to help you reach your dreams. To learn more about me as a coach you can check out My bio; or better yet read about my coaching approach here Jana - the coach



As for my own schedule – no – I am not turning pro, but instead I am continuing to follow the goal I had set out years ago to become the overall amateur world champion. (I have 10 more spots to climb, and more speed to gain)

As for my race schedule, I will be kicking off the season with a big one, which is something new for me, but I couldn’t be more excited.

May 14th, 2016


Yes – I will be spending lots of time in the pool, on my trusty CycleOps trainer sweating it out, and breaking records on Zwift – my new indoor trainer ride companion. (I still haven’t figured out how to actually talk to people on Zwift, but I know how to wave, or give elbows. I also like the fact that you don't have to scream on your left when passing - YOU should join me one day – it’s SO fun!) There are bound to be a few (a lot) of treadmill sessions, sauna visits or even hot yoga sessions to acclimate to Texas heat during the Boston winter. You will definitely hear me complaining about the crappy weather, but all of the above is my definition of fun. I love to sweat, and see how far I can continue to push my “limits”.

The rest of the schedule will be determined after Texas but as of right now, it will be mostly local (read driving distance), unless someone has a ton of frequent flyer mile or extra cash to fly me and my bike around the world ;). 

Patriot 70.3 – June 18th – My favorite local race I had now done 3 years in a row. Trying to win for the 4th time will be a challenge, but hey – you all know by now I love a good challenge!

Timberman 70.3 – August 21st – I had failed miserably on this course last year, and I want revenge!

Pumpkinman 70.3 – September 11th – I am ashamed to say I have never raced this one but for you New Englanders this is another must do, and I am hoping I can finally get it into my schedule, but we will see how the body is coming around post early season IM.

IM Kona World Championships (Pending Qualification) – October 8t – Hopefully I’ll be lining up for my 4th World Championships in 5 years, but we will see. If I am on the start line, I’ll be going for it (again), and if not, I may be looking to race a late season IM yet to be determined.

In between races, I am again planning a few training camps as those are the best way to not only gain fitness, but also to spend time with teammates/friends and suffer & have fun together.


So here you have it – 2016 – “The Year of Opportunity” on both my personal as well as professional level! I can’t wait to cease the opportunity to continue to improve as an athlete, and I am super excited to help you achieve your best and cease your own opportunity.



No comments:

Post a Comment