I have had an amazing 2012 season, and have accomplished my long term goal of getting to Kona! I raced my first ever Ironman in Kona, Hawaii this past October, and it was the best experience ever! I watched myself grow not only physically but also mentally day by day throughout the year, and ended the year by placing 6th at the Las Vegas 70.3 World Championships in the ever so competitive F30-34 AG, followed by a 15th place finish in my AG at my first ever IM in Kona, HI. I owe a HUGE thanks to my coach Jorge Martinez of E3 Training Solutions whose guidance was like no other, and I couldn’t ask for more! He knows his stuff, and I owe a lot of my success to him! Thanks coach!
Throughout 2012, I continued to surprise myself and checked of many firsts along the way!
· 1st ever open water swim race (I didn’t finish last)
· I learned to swim the butterfly although it may not the prettiest stroke you have ever seen, I can make it from point A to point B (Thanks Karen ;))
· Every once in a while I even attempt flip turns too which is a danger in itself! ;) I really am “challenged” when it comes to the water, but I am working at it hard one day at a time!
· 1st time I actually took my bike apart, and put it back together! (I am very proud of that)
· 1st of many 112+ miles on the bike (there were a few of those throughout the summer). Some were with friends, some were alone, and those long lonely rides were tough but definitely kept me going through those relentless Kona winds!
· Longest training run ever for many consecutive weeks leading to Kona starting with 16 miles – yeah that’s right – I have never ran more than 14+ consecutive miles until this past summer
· 1st ever marathon (during Kona)
The big one for me in 2012 was definitely my first IM! I had a blast racing there, and I smiled the entire way! I fell in love with Hawaii, and I'll be back there when it's the right time with my eyes on the big prize.
In the mean time, Santa brought me the best gift ever, so that I will NEVER forget my first trip there!
I love puzzles, but I definitely never thought I would be putting together one of myself!
As successful as 2012 was, the journey doesn't stop here! New goals have been set, and I have a very strong fire burning in my belly for more! 2013 will be very fun, and very fast. I have some BIG goals, and I am not afraid to share them so buckle up! :)
Here is the list of 2013 Races I am registered for:
Northeast MultiSport Indoor Time Trial - January 26th
BTT Indoor Time Trial - February 10th
Hyannis 1/2 marathon - February 24th
Great Bay 1/2 marathon - April 7th
Rev3 Quassy 70.3 - June 2nd
Patriot 70.3 - June 15th
Timberman 70.3 - August 18th
Rev3 Anderson 70.3 - October 13th
IM Cozumel - December 1st
I am looking to improve in every sport, and in process collect W’s. You may notice no Vegas or Kona on the list this year, and that’s by design. I thought about it long and hard, and the decision wasn’t easy – not at all easy, but I decided to skip out on trying to qualify for both Vegas and Kona in 2013, in hopes of working my little butt off and returning to Vegas and Kona in 2014 with my eyes on the big prize – the podium! ;) I fully understand and recognize that it will not be easy, and many things can happen in 2 years, but I want to give it a shot, and I believe that Jorge and me have a master plan that will get me there!
Bring on 2013!
What are your goals?