Friday, March 11, 2011

BUSY BEE!!!!!!!!!!

The word “busy” is an understatement.  My days begin with a 4:55 am wake up call, and on most days I I get home between 7 pm at the earliest, and as late as 10 pm if I work out after work  as well.  Somehow manage to fit all my training in, but what is suffering is my sleep and really any other type of quality/chill time. There is just not enough hours in a day!
With that said, I am really enjoying my new job! I like the job itself, I get the flexibility I need, and I really like the people I work with.  I also get to travel quite a bit, which is awesome! I am going to Europe – Germany, Czech Republic, and Sweden next week, and I’ll be there for a total of 11 days. I’ll get to see my family while I am there, which ROCKS!  It really can’t get much better than that.  While I am super excited, I am also a bit uneasy about my training or the lack there of while I will be gone. I will make sure I get my running in, I do plan on swimming at least while I am at home (I should be able to squeeze in 3 swims), but I will NOT have my bike with me, and that freaks me out! My power is just getting to the point of where it was towards the end of the season a year ago, and I am ready to take it beyond that! BUT – 11 days of no bike?  What is going to happen when I get back?  I am not ready to take steps back, but would obviously rather move forward!  Duh! J I really just don’t want to lose the fitness I have gained so far!
There is also a lot more that has happened in the little triathlon world of mine. I will blog about all these in more detail as soon as I get a chance – maybe on the plane to Europe next week?  But for now this is what you have to look forward to:
·         I got a new toy – new super awesome, and super fast bike!  I can’t wait to take it outside! Name is still TBD, and I am taking suggestions …


·         My coach chased me to back to back personal bests in the pool – 1:23 and 1:26 for 100 yards! I know – slow for some of you but super fast for me and especially due to my recent struggles in the pool … my previous pb was 1:29 from back in November …

·         Aaaaaaand I am switching triathlon teams. I have been working with coach Jorge since June last year and have seen tremendous improvements across all three sports. My endurance has come a long way, and it still has a long way to go.  I am sticking with coach Jorge as he is launching his very own triathlon team – E3 Training Solutions.  For more details about the team, Czech out Jorge’s post:


There will be a lot more to come about E3, but here is your chance to jump on board with one of the best! J

·         Non triathlon related – I will also be moving and leaving the city life behind me! It’s been fun, but it’s time to move on. It’s time to move closer to my work so that I can actually have time to sleep and pay attention to other things besides work/triathlon.  I currently spend anywhere around 3+ hours a day commuting, and I don’ t like it! My ass doesn’t like it! I really HATE it! Move should be finalized shortly, and I”ll share pics and info with all of you so you can come visit! I plan on setting up a nice training cave! J
Thanks for reading, and I hope to update you all with some more detail very soon. That plane trip is only 7 days away – just a day after the triathlon expo time trial, where I’ll test my power (bike power) against the best – the likes of Karen Smyers and the list goes on ....

No comments:

Post a Comment